Friday, June 10, 2011

Tour is Done

Hello hello, I am back in Halifax, sitting at work in between phone calls for Travis Tritt tickets (I work in a box office).  I had such a nice time on my tour.  Here are the obligatory pet photos to round out my collection; these beauties belong to my mom.

Here's Pitseleh, the troublemaker:


Simon, who is about 18 years old:


Theodore, the perpetual kitten:



And my mom!



The Toronto show at the Horseshoe was a bit strange because I was on so early, but I had a good time nonetheless.  There was a nice mixture of old and new friends in attendance.  Playing in Toronto always feels like worlds colliding for me.

After I played, there was a stoner rock band from Baltimore.  They were super loud, but good at what they were doing.  Some friend of theirs kept harassing me and my friend for not dancing with him, claiming we were being "typical Torontonians."  He had the nerve to say that he had "supported" me by listening to my songs, so I was obligated to support his buddies by dancing.  His dancing style, by the way, involved lots of flailing about like he was at a rave.  It was ridiculous.

I went out for drinks with my pals Brent and Carly and got all caught up.  I was lucky to see so many friends and family members on this tour.  You guys rule!

That's all for now.  Thanks to everyone who gave me a drive, came to a show, gave me a place to stay, and otherwise helped me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment