Sunday, June 5, 2011

Catch Up

Hmm, I haven't updated my bloggins in a couple of days.  Here's what I've been up to...

The show in Hamilton was a no-go, so I took the bus back to Toronto and stayed at my brother's place again.  I had a nice relaxing afternoon on Friday.  Here I am having some quality time with Ella.


Then around 2:30, I met Dog is Blue, who were doing the London and Ottawa shows with me.  They have a car!  I didn't care that it was tiny, it was still better than the Greyhound.  Paul is very funny and Laura is a real sweetheart.  We got stuck in brutal rush-hour traffic getting out of the city, but made it to London in time to do the show.

This was a house show put on by Paterson Hodgson, who is doing lots of amazing things for the London music scene.  She also excels at sass-talking performers in a hilarious way.  We had a good time playing an intimate little show in her living room.

We stayed with my aunt and uncle at The Farm, their beautiful old house and property just outside of the city.  I find that place really inspiring, so I took lots of pictures.  Bear with me here!

My aunt Muriel (my mom's sister) and my cousin Sylvia.


Kira!  She's a lovely dog.


So many gorgeous flowers.  Muriel is quite a gardener.





Cows next door!


Frog pond!



Yesterday we drove to Ottawa.  I managed to fall asleep for a while so it didn't seem like as long of a drive as it was.  Our show was at the Raw Sugar Cafe, which is one of my favourite venues around.  It looks like my dream living room, full of awesome formica tables, interesting lamps, and mismatched chairs.  They also have vegan treats, which instantly makes me love a place.  

We had a great show.  There was a nice turnout of very attentive and sweet people.  I felt very at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment