Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waterloony

I'm in Waterloo now, waiting to set up for my show at Maxwell's.  Fortunately, the weather has changed from a humid soup to more of a warm consommé.  The only problem is that the wind keeps attacking my skirt while I'm carrying the piano.  It's a terrible pin-up painting waiting to happen.

The show in Windsor was what I would call small but mighty.  Some great people came out and were very supportive.  Tom at the Phog Lounge is such a hilarious and vital guide to the Windsor experience.  There were sketchbags-a-plenty wandering the streets.  The humidity seemed to flush them out of their hiding spots, and we had lots of laughs watching them amble by.   I regret that I don't have any photographic evidence of these characters, but frankly, I was afraid of them.

I was fortunate enough to stay with the lovely Crissi Cochrane, former Haligonian and fellow craft- and cat-lover.  Here she is, looking good in her deluxe armchair.



Seriously, what a great host.  And her kitties!  This is Connor, who has a large stature and a sturdy muzzle.  He also likes to stick his tongue out.


And this is Jenny, who does a sort of kitty Olympic routine each morning.



It was such a treat to hang out with Crissi and her beasties.  I took the bus to Kitchener-Waterloo and that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment