Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August Funtimes

Hello friends, I hope summer has been treating you well.

I have a couple of exciting little performances coming up very soon in Halifax.

On Friday, August 19, I will be participating in a unique art project in Point Pleasant Park.  Essentially, I will be playing an old upright piano in the woods for anyone who cares to listen (or stroll by angrily).  I'll be there from 11 am to 1 pm, playing a mixture of original songs and songs from the days of old.  Check out the Parchetypes site for more information.  This project is the brainchild of local cool dude Will Robinson.

On Saturday, August 21, it's the Incredible Picnic, a celebration of local food.  I will be doing a show on the Halifax waterfront sometime between noon and 2:00 pm.  The Picnic is always a fun family time where you can eat lots of goodies and feel good about yourself for supporting farmers.

Oh, and one more thing: I will be playing a showcase at Molson Canadian Nova Scotia Music Week 2011 in Yarmouth.  I have never been there before, so I'm very curious about the town.  My show is on Saturday, November 5 in a place called Rudder's, at 5:00 pm.  I expect to serenade patrons as they wolf down seafood dinners.



No comments:

Post a Comment